Hello Everyone, Nowadays Minecraft became one of the popular games in the world of gaming when you play the game you sometimes get the error code of 1281, So you should know about the Openfix Minecraft OpenGL errors on Windows 10
Minecraft OpenGL is an in-game setting that tries to make the game run faster and smoother on your computer by reducing the rendering load on the system by asking the GPU not to render anything that is not in the direct view of the system Player. There is obviously a tradeoff where your GPU will perform less but put more stress on the CPU.
By default, it is set to On for users to experience improved performance. As a result, it is common for users to receive an “OpenGL Error 1281” error message. This error message mainly affects third-party variables and modules that are running concurrently. here third party software means the Mods which you apply in your game,
In the above picture, you can see the error.
What reason causes” OpenGL Error 1281″ in Minecraft?
If you encounter this error message while playing a fully modified Minecraft Means you modded the game by installing several mods, Due to that some of the mods are conflicting with your game. After our initial investigation, we have come to the conclusion that some of the reasons why this error can occur:
- Shader: Shaders are graphics settings that are normally imported into their modified Minecraft by the user. If any of them are buggy or damaged, the game will display the error. means you can say that it is caused by the installation of several mods.
- OptiFine: OptiFine is one of those third-party apps that are trying to improve Minecraft gameplay by giving users more control over the game. If it isn’t updated or is in bad shape. ‘Error, you will encounter the OpenGL error.
- Version control: Minecraft has been known to display problems if your Forge and Shader versions don’t sync.
- Java files: Minecraft uses Java in its game application. Usually, all Java requirements are automatically installed by the game. However, if this is omitted, this error will be displayed.
Before moving to the solutions, make sure you are logged in as an administrator on your computer and have an active and open internet connection.
Fixes That you should Try for Fixing Minecraft OpenGL errors on Windows 10
Fix 1: temporarily disable mods
It is common for people to modify Minecraft for a better gaming experience. However, some mods can conflict with your Minecraft. Under these circumstances, you will need to disable mods for Minecraft in order to fix OpenGL error 1281.
If the OpenGL 1281 error no longer occurs, you should find the problem inside the mods. You can disable your mods one at a time to see which mod is causing your problem.
If OpenGL errors persist, mods are not your problem and make sure to re-enable mods later.
Fix 2: Update your graphics card driver
A missing or outdated graphics card driver can lead to an OpenGL 1281 error in Minecraft. To fix this as a cause, you need to update your graphics card driver to the latest version.
There are two ways to update your audio driver: manually and automatically.
Manual Driver Update
You can go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website, find the latest driver for your device, and then download and install it on your computer. It takes time and IT skills.
You can try the Automatic version to install the drivers you can use various software to update the graphic drivers, If you have a laptop then you can go with your brand’s graphic driver installer or if you having a custom pc then you can go with
The free version of Driver Booster finds and updates drivers for the Windows operating system. For a free version, we find this driver updater software impressive as it picks up critical updates. Unlike the paid version which automatically updates all drivers, the free version can only display this and you have to do multiple clicks to update the drivers one at a time.
- Find outdated drivers
- Performs an unattended installation of the drivers
- Handles a large number of device drivers including Samsung, Dell, Intel, Radeon, etc.
- free driver update tools
- Comprehensive driver library for updating a variety of computer hardware devices
- Silent installation of the driver
- Catering point
- The inconveniences:
- Does not automatically update all drivers at the same time as the user is forced to manually click on each device listed
- Long installation (it actually took 35 minutes), bloatware
- Is taking up too much storage space
Always check the size, release date, and version number of the driver that needs to be updated at the best time to update. Also, select Custom Install during the installation to avoid unwanted apps and extensions like Yandex.
Judgment. There isn’t much of a difference between the free and paid versions of Driver Booster. If you have the time, manually updating each of the drivers listed shouldn’t be a problem. you just have to download the Driver booster by searching in google.
Fix 3: disable GL display errors
Basically, there is an option in your Minecraft game options that allows you to turn off the display of OpenGL errors.
To do this, proceed as follows:
1) In Minecraft, click Options.
2) Click on Video Settings> Other….
3) Click Show GL Errors and uncheck it.
4) Save the setting and restart Minecraft.
Try playing Minecraft and see if it works well.
Fix 4: Update Java on your computer
As you may know, Minecraft was developed out of Java. When you download Minecraft and install it on your computer, Java files are usually included.
If Java is out of date or missing on your computer, you might see the OpenGL 1281 error. So you can install the latest version of Java on your computer.
You can uninstall Minecraft and then reinstall Minecraft to get the latest version of Minecraft and Java.
You can also manually download the Java files from this page and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. or you can follow the given instruction
- Right-click on This-PC present on your Desktop and select Properties.
- Now in front of the System type check the type of operating system installed on your computer. If it is 32-bit, download the Java files from (here) and if it is 64-bit, download them from (here).
- Now extract the file which you just download to an accessible location. Open the folder and copy the file version folder that you see.
- Now press Windows + E to launch Windows Explorer and navigate to the following path:
C:\Program Files\Java (for 32 bit)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java (for 64 bit)
Now paste the file which you copied to the location. Make sure that you copy the name of the folder which we just pasted.
- Now launch the Minecraft mod manager and click on Edit profile present at the bottom of the screen.
- Now underneath Java settings (Advanced), check the executable option, and replace the correct path. In the picture above, the path of the file we just pasted is set correctly.
- Restart your computer and launch Minecraft again. Check if the issue is resolved.
After the installation, restart Minecraft and see if the OpenGL error 1281 has been fixed.
Still out of luck? Do not lose hope.
Fix 5: Update OptiFine for Minecraft
OptiFine is a mod that increases FPS and improves performance when playing Minecraft. If you are running OptiFine for Minecraft, OptiFine could be the cause of your OpenGL 1281 error.
The OptiFine update should be considered to resolve your issue. If you don’t know how to update OptiFine:
1) First download optfine software. you can get that by searching it in google.
2) Select the latest version of OptiFine to download.
3) Install like you install other software then,
4) Restart your computer.
Start Minecraft and see if your error has been fixed. If you no longer see OpenGL error 1281, congratulations!
Check This Post: Kingroot APK To Root Any Android Device
In this whole article, we had discussed the solution of the open GL error which is caused by install several mods or outdated version of java, in that article we discussed the solution of that, we hope you get the solution and if you face another these types of quarries then you can bookmark our website.